Saturday, June 27, 2009

Newseum Afternoon

Took the Metro Red Line, transferred to the Yellow Line and made my way to the Newseum. Beautiful day. Interesting museum. I saw a 4D movie that was a time travel adventure. Also had an awesome view of the capital from the top of the Museum building. I think I will always associate this trip with the headlines of Michael Jackson.

I think about the whole field of journalism and how it has changed and is continuing to change at such a rapid rate. It seems almost every day a newspaper company is printing their last edition. And yet, I feel more informed than ever before. If I have a medical concern I can do my homework before going to a doctor and not have to rely on his information only.

Also stumbled upon a Barbeque Competition on Pennsylvania Avenue. Nothing like the Oscar Mayer hot dog car in the middle of it all. Check out the slideshow from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment