Sunday, June 28, 2009

Google Learning Institute

Wow! A full day of Google. Knew a lot of it, but also learned some new things. Some of the things I learned included My Library. I learned you can create personalized libraries on Google Book Search. You can label, review, rate, and of course, full-text search, a customized selection of books.

I learned you can create personalized, annotated, customized maps using Google Maps. You can add placemarks, lines, shapes, add descriptive text (including html), embed photos, videos and share your map with others. Custom searching got me to thinking about embedding a custom search in Moodle.

If you are trying to find a meeting place between friends, enter your addresses and the type of place you want to meet at the following website: a.placebetween.us. You can enter where you are coming from and where you would like to meet.

See Delicious NECC 2009 links on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment